A recipient of the President of India Gold Medal and a Post Graduate in Gynaecology from Stanley Medical College, she started working towards establishing an IVF center with state-of-the-art facilities. Dr.Asha Rao has trained in IVF and microsurgery at London and Brussels under world renowned experts.
She heads the Fertility clinic and the ART unit at C.A.R.E (Centre for Assisted Reproduction and Endoscopy) and the High Risk Pregnancy care Unit at Rao Hospital and CARE. Dr.Asha Rao is one of the pioneers in the field of Reproductive Medicine in India. She has delivered the first ICSI baby and the first Vitrification baby of Coimbatore. She has over 40 years of experience in treating patients with infertility problems, and her team has helped several couples deliver their bundle of joy.
Rao Hospital is a FOGSI recognized Centre in Tamil Nadu for Basic & Advanced Training in Infertility and also for Basic & Advanced Endoscopic Surgery. Dr.Asha Rao is the Director for Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme in Reproductive Medicine and Endogynecology affiliated to TamilNadu Dr MGR Medical University , Chennai.
Dr.Asha Rao annually conducts the hospital’s INSIGHT series of conference on Infertility and Endoscopy for the past 10 years. She has participated and chaired scientific sessions in many National and International congresses. Dr.Asha Rao is a member of ESHRE (European Society of Human Reproduction), ASRE (American Society of Reproductive Medicine) and ISAR (Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction). She is the Chairperson of the Endometriosis Committee 2020 – 2022 of FOGSI (Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India). She was the President of the Coimbatore ObGyn Society in 2017-2019. Dr.Asha has organized several insightful talks and a successful women’s health camp ‘Nari Swasthya Pahel’, an initiative by the FOGSI President. Rao Hospital under her guidance is actively involved in various screening programmes for Breast Cancer and Cervical Cancer.
- MBBS at Kasturba Medical College
- MD (ObGyn) at Stanley Medical College
Field of expertise:
- High Risk Obstetrics
- PCOS Management
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Management
- Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
- Chairperson Endometriosis Committee 2020 – 2022
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRE)
- European Society of Human Reproduction (ESHRE)
- Indian Medical Council Association (IMA)
- Indian Society For Assisted Reproduction (ISAR)
- Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists (IAGE)
- Indian Fertility Society (IFS)
- Coimbatore OG Society
- Indian Menopause Society
- Endometriosis Society of India