Services We Offer
Radiology is a medical specialty that employs the use of imaging to both diagnose and treat disease visualized within the human body. Radiologists use an array of imaging technologies (such as x-ray radiography, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)) to diagnose or treat diseases. Interventional radiology is the performance of (usually minimally invasive) medical procedures with the guidance of imaging technologies. The acquisition of medical imaging is usually carried out by the radiographer or radiologic technologist. |
This helps to detect cancer cervix in the Pre cancerous stage, involves examination of cervix with magnification.
Colposcopy How Often ?
Some Indications For Colposcopy
- Every year for those above 40 years
- Earlier if they fall into the higher risk groups
- Immediately when any of the indications for colposcopy appear.
- Routinely for pre and post menopausal women ie., 40 yrs and above
- Persistent vaginal discharge
- Vaginal bleeding after Intercourse
- Suspicious or positive pap smear
- Positive HPV test
- Suspicious cervical biopsy report
Benefits Of Colposcopy
- It is an OP procedure and is painless
- Results are obtained immediately
- Cervix biopsy can be taken then and there, if needed
- If required the pre cancer lesion can be treated with Cryotherapy
- Future management can be planned without delay
The department of radiology was started in the year 1999 with ultra sonogram machines. . The department of radiology is equipped with
The ultrasound scan department performs the following:
- Two x- ray units
- 4 ultrasound machines
- C arm.
The Mammogram unit installed in the year 2008 has immensely contributed to the breast cancer screening programmes. Colposcopy unit installed in the year 2007 has immensely contribution to the cervical cancer screening programs.